Monday, January 30, 2012

So I'm An Artist Again

I'll admit it, I haven't really felt much like an artist this past year. I've doodled, but for the most part I've let my skills got to waste, and that folks is a real shame. So, recently, I've gotten back on the proverbial horse and started up the steep hill to regain the skills I've lost, brush up on the skills I still have and over all, get my ass moving.

To that end, I've been drawing, sketching, and photographing anything that comes to mind. I've reactivated my deviantart account, grabbed an account on Society6 to motivate myself and updated every profile I could find that proclaims myself as an artiste. Now the real goal is to get my portfolio polished and current.

Luckily, I managed to get a freelance job as the book cover designer for the affable and lovely Theresa McClinton, whom I'm certain will rocket to fame before too long as the author of The Stone Legacy Novels. You can find her on her blog, and the Stone Legacy website. It was a real pleasure working with her.

Now that I've dipped my feet into the waters of freelance work again, I'm starting to feel the itch. You know, the itch do more. So folks, I'm open for business again. I may not have a snazzy website, but there is one thing you can count on. I work hard. I'm willing to work until the job is done, and more importantly, the most important thing is customer satisfaction. I'm old fashioned that way.

My current (in process of updating) portfolio is linked in the sidebar, along with Devart account and Society6, so feel free to take a look.

I also do illuminations, calligraphy, screen printing, digital photography and much more. I'm the Jane of All Trades.

So, if you think I'm right for your project, drop me a line.

akalexander.1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment